USB debugging allows us to test and use our device in development mode. It can be enabled on a mobile phone, tablet, Android TV, Android Car, Smartwatch, and more.
In order to activate it on your device (with Android 8, 9, 10, 11), you first need to enable Developer Options. Follow these steps:
- Go to the device settings.
- Tap on About phone or About if you are using a Xiaomi or Poco device.
- Tap 5 times on Build number (last option in stock Android) or MIUI version (if it’s a Xiaomi or Poco device).
- Once tapped, these options will be enabled. You can find them in Settings / System / Developer Options or in Settings / Additional Settings / Developer Options if you are using a Xiaomi or Poco device.
- Once inside Developer Options, you need to go to USB Debugging and enable it. If you have a Xiaomi or Poco device, you also need to enable the Install via USB option.
After completing all the steps, you can use your own device to test the apps you develop.