Reading Time: < 1 minute
Did you know that you can use your own mobile device to debug and run apps developed in Android directly with Android Studio?
This is very useful if you want to test the app before publishing it.
To be able to run the apps on your own device, we need to take the following actions.
- Enable USB debugging mode. If you don’t know how to do it, you can follow the steps in this post.
- Connect the device to the computer, making sure that our cable allows data transfer and is not just for charging (this is very important because otherwise it won’t work).
- If the PC is unable to recognize the device, we need to install these drivers: https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb
- Once everything is ready, we can start testing our own app on our device. To do this, we open Android Studio and go to the top toolbar.
- There we find the name of our device and two buttons that are used to run the app. Click on the second one and wait for it to execute.